Sunday, July 24, 2011

Handmade By...

We got so many wonderful gifts at our baby shower in June. It was great to have so many people there with us in the rain and the gifts were of course a wonderful bonus.
Some of our favorite things we received were the handmade gifts. Little Blueberry will be very lucky to have such talented people in her life. There are so many great things that I have to show them all off.

My mom and Aunt Judy (Morris) gave us this beautiful quilt that they made together on the sly. This is the first quilt Judy has made, making it even more special. I foresee a lot of tummy time on this beauty.
The stool that matches was made by my mom as well. This is a great design that is built around coffee cans. I think that Melissa had one made by our neighbor and mom made her first one for Amanda when she was a toddler. Now Graham and several other little ones have stools just like it and I am sure that our munchkin will love it just as much as her aunts and cousin love theirs.
Judy also made us this adorable stuffed elephant and changing pad. I love all the pink and green they used. The fabrics are so much fun and that changing pad is going to come in very handy, I'm sure. The other Judy in our lives (Dimatteo) also gave us a wonderful handmade gift. This is an adorable blanket crocheted by her mom, Anita. It is so soft and cuddly. I'm definitely going to try to sneak under this one with the baby. And as Judy said, it is both classic and feminine, making it perfect for our sophisticated lady.
Melissa sent us these great burp clothes. They're made out of a flannel, so they are very soft. I love the fabrics she chose. Jason and I will be the most fashionable parents as we burp our baby. Jim also got into the handmade gift game and created this wonderful growth chart for our growing family. It's a full 6 feet tall with all the inches marked out. I can't wait to get this set up in a special place in the house where we can watch our family grow and grow.
I'm sure we'll be getting more wonderful handmade gifts over the years knowing the talented people in our lives. Thanks for starting us out with such a great collection.

4 comments:

  1. There are more goodies to come. You know it takes me a while though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know and we can't wait! I didn't want to mention it above and make you feel pressured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told your mom we would use the stool for time out. It upset her. So we don't. Benji uses it to climb onto his dresser instead : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right now we have the stool set up like a little ottoman in front of an anywhere chair we got at pottery barn this weekend. It cracks jason up to no end. I'm sure as soon as she's big enough to pull it around it will go all over the house to assist in climbing and getting into trouble. I remember the one mom made for Amanda has a lace ruffle on it and she pulled that off because she used it to carry the stool. I think that's why mom changed the design for the next generation. :)

    ReplyDelete